17 year old murder suspect stays at Ms Lalie youth care center in Cay Bay


The Court in First Instance adjourned the trial against 17-year-old Shimano G. yesterday to March 25. The boy shot 28-year-old Etienne Leblanc on October 9 of last year in his father’s Flex-DVD store on Front Street.
http://ilandvibez.com/17-year-old-murder-suspect-stays-at-ms-lalie-youth-care-center-in-cay-bay/
http://bit.ly/1CblOtH

Advertisements

Merchants bodyguard could be a suspect in Wiels and Martinez Murder

Helmin-Wiels-ANP-ilandvibez

PS-leader Helmin Wiels

Raul Jacinto Martinez-ilandvibez-versgeperst

 Raul Jacinto Martine

TDH – WILLEMSTAD–According to Curaçao daily “Ultimo Noticia” the murdered suspect in the assassination of PS-leader Helmin Wiels, 30-year-old Raul Jacinto Martinez, had been a bodyguard for a well-known entrepreneur with businesses on both sides of the island. The morning newspaper said it could not get more information, but was working on it.

The revelation followed a recent press conference by police spokesperson Reginald “Reggie” Huggins. He said there are sufficient indications that the Wiels-case involves a paid murder planned by one or more persons. Although nobody has been arrested yet, the investigation team has a reasonable picture of who are all involved.

Since the parliamentarian was shot dead on May 5, much technical/forensic and tactical investigation work was conducted with the support from colleagues within the Dutch Kingdom. The Netherlands Forensic Institute (NFI) played an important role in collecting and studying the material traces.

Until now it was decided to limit the information supply to the press in the interest of the investigation, explained Huggins. For example, the results of the autopsy on Wiels and information on items confiscated at various addresses cannot be disclosed yet.

The same applies for the identity of co-suspects. The spokesperson explained that the data on the perpetrator cannot be assessed if too much information is revealed.

According to the large-scale investigation team TGO, there are now indications in which direction to look for those who ordered the murder, said Huggins. However, he couldn’t give details as to which direction.

What is clear so far is that the coffee-coloured Kia Picanto confiscated on May 16 had been used as getaway car in the assassination and was rented at Oost-West Car Rental in Rooi Santu. Later that day the police officers had conducted a search at the car rental company and confiscated various items.

That search revealed that locally-born “Bolle” Martinez had rented the car at the time the murder was committed. He was considered one of the suspects in the actual killing but disappeared that same day, before the police had a chance to interrogate him.

Two days after Martinez disappeared, the car he had used later on (a white Kia Rio) was found at the salt pans in the district “Samí Liber.” The backseat of this vehicle was drenched with blood.

A corpse missing the head and limbs was found later at the San Pedro plain on June 4. “Although DNA-research is yet to reveal this definitely, it most likely involves the body of Martinez.”

In connection with this apparent assassination the 26-year-old local male L.L.F. was arrested in The Netherlands at the request of the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Willemstad and escorted by the Royal Military Police to Curaçao. He arrived on the island three days ago and is being held in custody under close guard. His detention is to be reviewed next week and will probably be extended by another eight days.

A possible link between the murder of Martinez and Wiels is now being investigated. The residences of Martinez and suspect F. have already been searched and technical traces were collected. Also the vehicle which supposedly had transported Martinez’ body was combed.

The forensic analysis of this possible evidence wasn’t ready yet. The police do not exclude Martinez was killed to cover tracks in the murder of Wiels, but other scenarios are also being included in the investigation.

Bolle’s remains were laid to rest on Friday, after authorities released them to his family. –

Acquitted murder-suspect to receive 100,000 for time he was incarcerated

netherlands_antilles_100_2008.01.01_p31e_f

TSXM – St. Maarten – Ray Anthony Spencer will receive more than 100,000 guilders in compensation from the state for the time he spent in prison and in a police cell – first as a suspect and then as a convict in the January 23, 2010 murder of Christian Lloyd. On February 6 of this year, the Appeals Court acquitted Spencer, who had been sentenced to 20 years in the Court in First Instance on October 12, 2011. After his acquittal, he left the country.

Spencer spent 1,076 days behind bars for the murder – from February 26, 2010 until his release on February 6, 2013. A bit more than 20,000 guilders of the settlement is for the cost of Spencer’s attorneys Remco Stomp and Cor Merx.

The guideline for compensation related to detention in a prison cell is between 50 and 150 guilders per day. The court awarded Spencer 100 guilders per day for the 1,066 days he spent in Pointe Blanche, plus 75 guilders per day for the ten days he spent in a police cell. The total compensation amounts to 80,950 guilders, or a bit more than $45,000.

Spencer petitioned the court for compensation saying that he is entitled to it based on the principle of fairness. According to Spencer, it took justice three years before it accepted his offer to prove his innocence by pinpointing the place where he claims to have bought Lloyd’s cell phone from a drug addict. The possession of this phone was one of the key pieces of evidence that resulted in his conviction.

“Justice has incorrectly not done further research into another suspect, while there was every reason to do this,” Spencer said in his petition. He also pointed out that he had been seriously ill-treated several times in Pointe Blanche because of his assumed homosexuality.

The Appeals Court ruled that, considering all circumstances and the information gathered during a closed door hearing on August 29, there are grounds of fairness to grant compensation for the time Spencer spent in detention.

http://ilandvibez.com/acquitted-murder-suspect-to-receive-100000-for-time-he-was-incarcerated/

Middle Region baby-killing suspect trail date moved to late September

Suspect Dalton le Blanc-ILANDVIBEZ-SXM dalton le blanc-ilandvibez-sxm

Dalton Danelle Le B., the 26-year-old suspect in the killing of baby boy Mark Reid Jr. on April 2

Latoya-mark-and-Mark-Jr-inset-ilandvibez-sxm

Latoya, Mark and Mark Jr. Reid. Photo – Today

TSXM – GREAT BAY – Dalton Danelle Le B., the 26-year-old suspect in the killing of baby boy Mark Reid Jr. on April 2, appeared briefly in the Court in First Instance yesterday afternoon. At the request of prosecutor Karola van Nie, the court sets a trial date for September 25. The adjournment is necessary because the investigation is not complete yet and because the suspect still has to be subjected to evaluations by a psychologist and a psychiatrist.

Le B. was involved in a road rage incident on the day of the killing. Pursued by the police he fled into a random house in Middle Region, where he snatched the baby from its crib and discarded it later on the road. The exact cause of death has not been made public yet.

PAST STORIES OF THIS CASE:

https://ilandvibezsxm.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/breaking-news-judge-issues-warrant-for-further-detention-of-le-blanc-for-the-murder-of-the-2-month-old-baby/

https://ilandvibezsxm.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/photos-of-candle-light-walk-honoring-kimberly-illidge-and-mark-reid-jr/

https://ilandvibezsxm.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/new-photos-in-middle-region-infants-death/

https://ilandvibezsxm.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/new-photos-middle-region-home-where-dlb-intruded-and-cause-infants-death/

https://ilandvibezsxm.wordpress.com/2013/04/05/latest-update-grieving-parents-faced-with-another-dilemma/

Merchants bodyguard could be a suspect in Wiels and Martinez Murder

Helmin-Wiels-ANP-ilandvibez

PS-leader Helmin Wiels

Raul Jacinto Martinez-ilandvibez-versgeperst

 Raul Jacinto Martine

TDH – WILLEMSTAD–According to Curaçao daily “Ultimo Noticia” the murdered suspect in the assassination of PS-leader Helmin Wiels, 30-year-old Raul Jacinto Martinez, had been a bodyguard for a well-known entrepreneur with businesses on both sides of the island. The morning newspaper said it could not get more information, but was working on it.

The revelation followed a recent press conference by police spokesperson Reginald “Reggie” Huggins. He said there are sufficient indications that the Wiels-case involves a paid murder planned by one or more persons. Although nobody has been arrested yet, the investigation team has a reasonable picture of who are all involved.

Since the parliamentarian was shot dead on May 5, much technical/forensic and tactical investigation work was conducted with the support from colleagues within the Dutch Kingdom. The Netherlands Forensic Institute (NFI) played an important role in collecting and studying the material traces.

Until now it was decided to limit the information supply to the press in the interest of the investigation, explained Huggins. For example, the results of the autopsy on Wiels and information on items confiscated at various addresses cannot be disclosed yet.

The same applies for the identity of co-suspects. The spokesperson explained that the data on the perpetrator cannot be assessed if too much information is revealed.

According to the large-scale investigation team TGO, there are now indications in which direction to look for those who ordered the murder, said Huggins. However, he couldn’t give details as to which direction.

What is clear so far is that the coffee-coloured Kia Picanto confiscated on May 16 had been used as getaway car in the assassination and was rented at Oost-West Car Rental in Rooi Santu. Later that day the police officers had conducted a search at the car rental company and confiscated various items.

That search revealed that locally-born “Bolle” Martinez had rented the car at the time the murder was committed. He was considered one of the suspects in the actual killing but disappeared that same day, before the police had a chance to interrogate him.

Two days after Martinez disappeared, the car he had used later on (a white Kia Rio) was found at the salt pans in the district “Samí Liber.” The backseat of this vehicle was drenched with blood.

A corpse missing the head and limbs was found later at the San Pedro plain on June 4. “Although DNA-research is yet to reveal this definitely, it most likely involves the body of Martinez.”

In connection with this apparent assassination the 26-year-old local male L.L.F. was arrested in The Netherlands at the request of the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Willemstad and escorted by the Royal Military Police to Curaçao. He arrived on the island three days ago and is being held in custody under close guard. His detention is to be reviewed next week and will probably be extended by another eight days.

A possible link between the murder of Martinez and Wiels is now being investigated. The residences of Martinez and suspect F. have already been searched and technical traces were collected. Also the vehicle which supposedly had transported Martinez’ body was combed.

The forensic analysis of this possible evidence wasn’t ready yet. The police do not exclude Martinez was killed to cover tracks in the murder of Wiels, but other scenarios are also being included in the investigation.

Bolle’s remains were laid to rest on Friday, after authorities released them to his family. –

PHOTO OF Man suspected of publicly killing infant Wednesday, police investigating

Suspect Dalton le Blanc

(SXMILSLANDTIME) – PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten – The authorities are now investigating a bizarre case in Middle Region which left a baby dead in the middle of the public road. According to information received, a man from the island of Dominica for unknown reasons got into an altercation in the Defiance Haven Nite Club where he is said to have destroyed property before making a violent departure. During his angry departure it is said that he struck several cars before making his way to a home in Middle Region where he forcibly made his entry. In that home the man who had obviously gone berserk, managed to get hold of Mark Reid Junior, an infant that was in the home after which he left the home running, swinging the baby who was born on January 28th 2013 from side to side. He continued running with the baby and as a result, made his way onto the public road in Middle Region where he is reported to have slammed the body of the infant into the ground, killing the baby instantly. The suspect who was arrested by the police had to be ambushed as he sought to escape in the nearby bushes. The police arrived on the scene of the crime at the same moment that the man slammed the body of the baby into the road. The officers initially believed that it was his shirt that the suspect had thrown onto the ground because of the fact that he was bear back at the moment. They soon after discovered the lifeless body of the infant. The suspect is not believed to be related to the victim whose parents are both from the island of Jamaica.