1 person injured in shootout outside Piking Colebay

SHOOTOUTSXM

TDH – COLE BAY–A nineteen-year-old received injuries to his left arm when he was shot at outside Peiking Supermarket late Sunday evening.

When police arrived at the scene around 11:00pm they spoke to the victim J.R. of St. Maarten, who was bleeding from a wound on his lower left arm. He told officers that he had been sitting in the car playing music when all of a sudden he heard several gunshots being fired and he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his left arm. He knew immediately that he had been shot.

The investigating officers noticed a bullet impact and a bullet hole to the left side of the vehicle. The victim said he was not aware of who had shot at him or why. He was treated on the scene by paramedics and taken to St. Maarten Medical Center (SMMC) for further treatment.

The Daily Herald observed at least three bullet holes in the vehicle on the scene: one on the front driver’s-side door, one on the back door and another on the back tire of the vehicle.

The vehicle in question has been confiscated, as the investigation by the Forensic and Detective Department is ongoing, police spokesperson Inspector Ricardo Henson said in a press release on Monday. This was the third shooting incident over the weekend.

http://ilandvibez.com/1-person-injured-in-shootout-outside-piking-colebay/

Advertisements

BREAKING NEWS – Person shot in his car at the parking lot of Peking Supermarket in Colebay

peking supermarket-shoot out -bbm news st maarten -ilandvibez

Report coming in is saying one person got shot in his car at the parking lot of Peking Supermarket in Colebay last night . The victim got shot in his hand. More detail will be BC soon. No Photo or ID of the person is available at this moment.

Paparazzi BBM News

TOP HEADLINE NEWS: REST IN PEACE WILLIAM NUNES, YOU WILL TRULY BE MISSED

william nunez-stmaarten-ilandvibez-paparazzi

William Nunes

 

PHILIPSBURG – The police is at the boardwalk by a apartment where they discover a lifeless body is been reported and the man by the name of William Nunes who they assume took his own life.

My condolences to the families and friends. May his soul rest in peace. – Paparazzi 

Ilandvibez would also like to send it’s condolences out to the friends , family and loved ones of William, Stay strong and focus in these trouble times. Blessings

Middle Region baby-killing suspect trail date moved to late September

Suspect Dalton le Blanc-ILANDVIBEZ-SXM dalton le blanc-ilandvibez-sxm

Dalton Danelle Le B., the 26-year-old suspect in the killing of baby boy Mark Reid Jr. on April 2

Latoya-mark-and-Mark-Jr-inset-ilandvibez-sxm

Latoya, Mark and Mark Jr. Reid. Photo – Today

TSXM – GREAT BAY – Dalton Danelle Le B., the 26-year-old suspect in the killing of baby boy Mark Reid Jr. on April 2, appeared briefly in the Court in First Instance yesterday afternoon. At the request of prosecutor Karola van Nie, the court sets a trial date for September 25. The adjournment is necessary because the investigation is not complete yet and because the suspect still has to be subjected to evaluations by a psychologist and a psychiatrist.

Le B. was involved in a road rage incident on the day of the killing. Pursued by the police he fled into a random house in Middle Region, where he snatched the baby from its crib and discarded it later on the road. The exact cause of death has not been made public yet.

PAST STORIES OF THIS CASE:

https://ilandvibezsxm.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/breaking-news-judge-issues-warrant-for-further-detention-of-le-blanc-for-the-murder-of-the-2-month-old-baby/

https://ilandvibezsxm.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/photos-of-candle-light-walk-honoring-kimberly-illidge-and-mark-reid-jr/

https://ilandvibezsxm.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/new-photos-in-middle-region-infants-death/

https://ilandvibezsxm.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/new-photos-middle-region-home-where-dlb-intruded-and-cause-infants-death/

https://ilandvibezsxm.wordpress.com/2013/04/05/latest-update-grieving-parents-faced-with-another-dilemma/

LATEST UPDATE PRISONERS ESCAPE FROM PHILIPSBURG PRISON

prisoner-escape-stmaarten-ilandvibez

ST MAARTEN – On Sunday June 23,Around 05.00 p.m. the Police Central Dispatch received a phone call from the prison section of the Philipsburg Police Station informing them that three prisoners had escaped.

The prisoners in question at the time of their escape were locked in the open-air recreational area of the prison. While in that section these prisoners got the opportunity to escape via the roof. The prisoners in question are:

#001
SOBIESKY MANUEL PARRONDO,
born in the Dominican Republic on November 4th 1987 and residing at Rue de Sandy Ground # 8.
Suspected of murder.

#002
CARLOS MIQUEL OLIVIER-RUIZ,
orn in the Dominican Republic on February 1st 1984,
wanted for drug trafficking.

#003
MARCO DAVID SANTANA-GUERERO,
born on the Dominican Republic on April 25th 1984,
wanted for drug trafficking

These suspects are considered armed and extremely dangerous.
The House of Detention and Police Department are asking the general public to help in the investigation to recapture these three armed and very dangerous persons.

Any one who may have any information that can assist in recapturing of these suspects should call the police department at 54-22222 or 911.

Paparazzi

St Maarten: Man behind bars for attempted homiside

homicide-hitstudio-ilandvibezTDH – MARIGOT–A 20-year-old unemployed young man was sentenced by the court in Marigot on Thursday to a five-year prison sentence, three of which are suspended, for his part in the attempted scooter robbery and subsequent murder attempt of a former captain from Renseignement Genereaux (RG) on May 29 in Concordia.

The victim had just finished lunch at a restaurant in Concordia and was going to his parked scooter, when another scooter approached him carrying two youths whose faces were concealed by helmets.

They ordered the victim to hand over his T-Max scooter, but he refused and threw away the keys. That infuriated the would-be thieves, who then began to physically assault the victim. In the ensuing brawl on the ground, one of the youths fired a gun and the bullet entered the victim’s upper arm, shattering the collar bone and narrowly missing a vital artery in the neck.

Gendarmes were able to quickly arrest the aforementioned suspect from the DNA evidence left behind on the gold chain of the victim, broken during the assault. The DNA match also confirmed the suspect had been taken into custody on other occasions for various offences.

He was sentenced for assault and battery, and aggravated theft. The investigation further found $1,500 in cash, an amount of cannabis and a vehicle with false plates at his home.

The other suspect, the shooter, is still at large.

The victim, now out of hospital after surgery, plans to claim damages and this claim will

be heard by the court on October 31.

The suspect was immediately transferred to Guadeloupe to begin his sentence.