SXMIT – Harbour View – On June 13th , 2013, His Excellency the Governor of Sint Maarten, drs. E.B. Holiday, received the final report of formateur S. Wescot-Williams.
The formateur have accepted the commission to form a new government that has a majority in Parliament and that consists of Ministers who are committed to the promotion of the wellbeing of Sint Maarten and dedicated to jointly execute the UP/DP Governing Declaration, agreed upon by the coalition partners Democratic Party, United People’s Party and independent Member of Parliament Romain Laville.
The formateur have nominated the following persons for appointment as Ministers and Minister Plenipotentiary:
- Mrs. Sarah A. Wescot-Williams, Prime Minister, also Minister of General Affairs
- Mr. Maurice A. Lake, Minister of Housing, Spatial Planning, Environment and Infrastructure,
- Mr. Dennis L. Richardson, Minister of Justice;
- Mr. Martinus J. Hassink, Minister of Finance;
- Mrs. Minister of Education, Culture, Youth and Sports;
- Mr. Van Hugh C. de Weever, Minister of Public Health, Social Development and Labour;
- Mr. Mathias S. Voges, Minister Plenipotentiary
The vetting of the candidate ministers and the candidate Minister Plenipotentiary, based on the pertinent regulations regulating the appointment of ministers has not produced any data that could impede their appointment.
The Governor has scheduled the appointment and swearing in of the Ministers and Minister Plenipotentiary on June 14th, 16.00 hrs, at the Governor’s Office.
After the ceremony, the Governor and the newly appointed Ministers will have the constituting meeting in the A.C. Wathey legislative hall. –